Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Poem for my Husband

Here I stand at your feet
So beautiful on the mountains because of the news they bring
I would wash these feet as if they were my own
Care for them and encourage them to soldier on in battle
What an honor that they ran in pursuit of me...

Here I am at the corner of your eyes
Waiting for my favorite glance
Deep eyes alive with fire and authority
Learning to see the world as the Father sees.
May He guard this pair, and may I never make them stumble.

Here I am at the corner of your mouth.
Sweet lips that resound the only Name above all
And a smile that causes me to thirst that Name
I overflow when that chosen tongue speaks gently to me
Just as Hosea says our Lover spoke to His precious in the desert

Here I stand at the corner of your heart
That beautiful secret place where Life abides
I want to sink in the depths of that heart
So similar to mine as it beats the rhythm of our Creator
Loudly, our hearts cry out in unison to His song.

Here I am at the corners of your hands
Longing to feel them holding mine
I've watched as these hands built up the body
Watched, as you desired to bring healing and hope into the hearts of the people
Oh, that I would be the encourager of these God blessed hands!

Here I am, at the corner of you.
Encouraged by your eyes that see like Him
Desiring to touch the Bride with the same gentleness and truth of your words
Every corner of you that I come around leads me to thirst for More
And every part of me is glad for this friendship.

Here I am again in the embrace of the Father
Secure in my being and alive in His hope
Rejoicing in the passion set aflame in me by your life
Together we shall capture His glance, hold His hand, have His heart.
And may you know that I will always wash your feet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww...THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! :)