Saturday, September 6, 2008

Potter's Wheel (Poetry)

I thought about you just now and I smiled.
What a precious union are we two;
Both moist pieces of clay, lost in the eyes of the Potter
placed near one other on the same wheel called Life.
Used by Him to sculpt each other,
we can powerfully inspire those around us.
Much more than we could ever imagine;
this is what the Potter wants to do with us!
Only He knows what shape we will finish at.
And until the day that we dance with destiny,
may we only cling to the Potter's fingers
and do nothing more but draw one another
to the form of His hands.
So today as I turn again to the eyes of the Potter
You, next to me on this wheel
I give myself completely to His shaping
and I give Him Praise for this gift of Us.
May the Potter form this precious union
to create life around it and within each other.
This is what makes me smile...

No comments: